The National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination for any graduate medical course (MBBS/ dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, are conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves in 2013. However, many colleges and institutes had taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.
Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawarharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET ’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
For more details: NEET 2018 Results
The students are advised that before filling up the application form they must look up for the eligibility criteria. Criteria may differ as per the State or All India basis. Application form will be available from first week of December, after that interested candidates may go for registration process.
85% of the seats of MBBS/BDS will be reserved through states counselling and the remaining 15% seats will be filled up through All India centralised counselling.
So the criteria for states quota (85%):-
For All India Quota Seats (15%)
Some of the Institute or Universities that are participating in NEET 2018 are as such:-AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College), BHU (Banaras Hindu University), University of Delhi and Jamia Hamdard University.
|Online submission of application forms||October 1, 2018 to October 31, 2018|
|Dates of examination||February 3, 2019 to February 17, 2019|
|Declaration of results||First week of March 2019|
|Online submission of application forms||Second week of March 2019|
|Dates of examination||May 12, 2019 to May 26, 2019|
|Declaration of results||First week of June 2019|
Language: Hindi and English
Marking scheme: + 4 for correct answer and -1 for wrong one, unmarked questions no marks
Exam mode: The exam will be conducted in a pen and paper based format. Candidates will have to mark their responses in OMR answer sheet provided using a ball–point pen. The stationery will be provided to candidates inside the examination hall.
Number of questions: NEET 2019 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects. Physics and Chemistry section will consist of 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
Types of questions: NEET 2019 question paper will have objective type questions only, which means, each questions will consist of 4 responses, wherein, candidates will choose the most appropriate answer from the given options. Questions will be based on NEET syllabus as prescribed by CBSE, the exam conducting authority.
Language: NEET 2019 question paper will be bilingual in language, i.e. in English and Hindi both. Candidates will get their question paper in language preferred during filling up the application form.
Marking Scheme: Each question in NEET 2019 question paper will consist of 4 marks. For each correct response, candidates will get 4 marks, whereas -1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. No marks will be allotted for unmarked question.
Here are some Best Books suggested by Kshitij Education Inida for NEET Preparation:Biology: