Computerized MCAT Exam
The MCAT Exam has gone paperless and most of the MCAT international testing sites have been computerized for several years ago.
What are the benefits of Computerized MCAT Exam ?
Computerized MCAT Exam offers advantages for both students and admission offices
- Test administrations will increase from twice a year to 22 per year.
- Morning and afternoon sessions will be available on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Students may take the MCAT exam up to three times per year (but may be registered for only one testing date at a time).
- The test day will be about half as long as the paper-and-pencil administration day, primarily because there is less administrative overhead.
- From the year 2007, the number of questions was reduced by about one-third (without changing the content representation), and the allowed testing time will be reduced by about 30 per cent. Research showed that a shorter MCAT exam would retain its predictive power.
- From the year 2007, scores are reported in 30 days instead of 60 days. Our objective is to eventually reduce reporting for 14 days.
MCAT Testing Environment
- Thomson Prometric testing centers are climate and sound-controlled, designed and built exclusively for CBT MCAT. Ergonomic chairs, guest lockers, state-of-the-art equipment, and noise reduction headphones will be available to examinees.
- Thomson Prometric has testing sites throughout North America and around the world. They are building new sites in locations where the MCAT potentially has more examinees than they can seat.
MCAT Exam Registration and Scheduling
Online registration for each testing date will open roughly six months prior to the testing date.
Please visit the official website of MCAT Exam for registration opening dates. Thomson Prometric will reserve seats for MCAT examinees until 60 days before each testing date. After this, the seats will be released to people who wish to register for other tests. However, students will still be able to register for the MCAT exam up until two weeks before a chosen testing date.
Through online registration and scheduling, it will be possible to change testing dates.