Assistant's Grade Examination
The Assistants' Grade Examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India for recruitment of deserving candidates for the different Indian Government Establishments and Offices, which are mentioned hereunder:
- GradeIV -Assistant of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Services B
- GradeII -Cypher Assistant of Cypher Cadre of Indian Foreign Service Branch B
- Assistants' Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Assistants' Grade of the Central Secretariat Service
- Assistants' Grade of the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service; and Posts of Assistants in other Departments / Organizations and the Attached Offices of the Government of India, not participating in IFS (B)/Railway Board Secretariat Service/ Central Secretariat Service/Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Assistants' Grade Examination, once a year in two stages. The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) for selection of candidates for the Main Examination is held in the month of January.
Blank application forms and other particulars are published in the Employment News, usually in the month of September.
The last date for submission of applications is usually the first week of October previous year.
The Assistants' Grade Main Examination is generally held in the month of July.