Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
TAMIL NADU PROFESSIONAL COURSES ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (TNPCEE) is conducted by Anna University, Chennai for admission to all professional courses in Tamil Nadu Including MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BPT/BOT, BSc (Nursing) courses for all Free seats and Payment Seats in Government, Government Aided and private medical colleges. Exemptions are given to the Govt of India Nominees, Diploma Holders for BPharm course, NRIs candidates.
Annamalai university, Annamalainagar and Christian medical College, Vellore, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai (Deemed University) have framed separate entrance test/admission system.
- Categories of Seats Free Seats All seats in Government Colleges and 50% seats in private colleges, Payment Seats 50% seats including 155 NRIs in private medical colleges.
- Admission is open to Indian citizens and whose parents have permanent residence in the State. Exceptions Candidates who have studied from IX Std to qualifying exam in the State. Children of defence personnel of TN origin who have passed X/XII exam from the State. Children of employees of State Govt/Public Sector Undertakings.
- Allocation of Seats SC 18% ST 1% BC 30% Most Backward and denotified communities 20% General 31%.
- Reservations MBBS/BDS All India entrance 15% MBBS Grand children/children of Freedom Fighters 3 seats Development of Tamil Language 6 Defence Quota 6 (BDS 1) Children of Police Personnel (who died in Heroic Action) 3 Eminent sportsmen 3 Widows 10 Deserted women 1 Children born on intercaste marriage in Andaman and Nicobar Islands (MBBS/BPharm 2), Anglo-Indian candidates (BSc Nursing 1).
- Children of Medical Deptt Staff (who lost their lives on account of Infection, Radiation and Chemical reaction in hospitals) 4 Recipients of Anna Awards 2 Sri Lanka Tamils among Sri Lankan refuge students 10. Seats are available for Government of India nominees (BPharm 3) and Government of Pondicherry nominees (BPharm 1).
List of Medical Colleges
MBBS Coaching Classes