Medical Colleges in Assam
COMMON ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (CEE) is conducted by Gauhati University for admission to first year MBBS/BDS courses in 3 medical and 1 dental colleges affiliated to the Universities of Assam, Dibrugarh and Gauhati.
Exemption from CEE
(a) States/Central Government nominees;
(b) Candidates ranked within the first ten position in the qualifying exam of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council securing at least 75% aggregate marks in Phy, Chem and Biol.
(Such candidates are required to apply direct for admission to the Director of Medical Education, Assam).
- All India quota 15%
- SC 7% ST 15% (Plains 10% Hills 5%)
- OBC 15%
- Defence personnel/Ex-servicemen
- 3 seats in MBBS and 1 in BDS Freedom Fighters
- 2 seats in MBBS Martyrs of Assam Movement
- 2 Seats in MBBS & 1 in BDS Children of Tea Garden/ex-tea garden communities/tribes
- 6 seats in MBBS and 1 in BDS SEBC
- 2 seats in MBBS Sons/daughters/brothers/sisters of persons killed in extremist violence in Assam
- 2 seats in MBBS and 1 in BDS Nominated candidates
- 13 seats (Meghalaya 10; Arunachal Pradesh 1; Nagaland 1; Mizoram 1;)
- Govt of India nominees 15 seats.
- Age 17-24 yrs (17-27 yrs for SC/ST) on December 31 of the year of admission
- Academic Qualification 12 yrs Hr Sec Science exam securing 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) aggregate marks in Phy, Chem Biol and English in the same sitting.
- Candidates should be medically fit. Selected candidates have to execute a bond to serve the State Government for 5 yrs after completion of the course, failing which they have to pay a sum of Rs 5,35,000.
List of Medical Colleges
MBBS Coaching Classes