Reserve Bank of India recruitment
Applications are invited for the post of Grade B Officers in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank) from Indian citizens, citizens of Nepal and subjects of Bhutan and persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries or Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania with the intention of permanently settling in India and in whose favour Eligibility Certificates have been issued by Government of India.
Recruitment Notification to the post of Officers in Gr 'B' (General), Reserve Bank of India (RBI Bank) invites applications from Indian citizens, for the post of Officers in Gr 'B' (General). Candidates are requested to apply only online through Bank's website, No other mode for submission of application is available.
At least a Bachelor´s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC. A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
The Bachelor´s degree should be from the University within the Recruitment Zone as per Note below :
Note: The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination from the University/Board within the Recruitment Zone of the concerned Office to which he/she is applying.
Minimum Age : 21 years ; Maximum Age : 30 years. Candidates born between 02.06.1984 and 01.06.1994 are only eligible to apply
Application Fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)
General / OBC - Rs.850/- (Rupees Eight hundred and fifty only) and Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
How To Apply:
OPTION-I: PAYMENT OF FEE (OFFLINE PAYMENT):
OPTION-II: PAYMENT OF FEES: [ONLINE PAYMENT] :
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Candidates to visit Bank's website www.rbi.org.in for filling the Online Application Form.
- Fill the application carefully. In the event of the candidate not able to fill the data in one go, he/she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. Email & SMS indicating the Registration number and Password will be sent. Candidates can reopen the saved data using Registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled complete, candidate should submit the data. Candidates should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of any one of the banks, viz. Bank of Baroda / Bank of India / Indian Overseas Bank / Central Bank of India / Punjab National Bank / United Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. (For example: If one has registered, then he/she will be able to deposit the fee from 3rd to 23rd June, 2015, considering 26th is a non- working day). Once fee paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after two working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
- FOLLOW STEPS (i) to (iii) GIVEN UNDER OPTION-I ABOVE. However, fee payment challan will not be generated and fee payment will have to made online through payment gateway available thereat.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using MASTER/VISA debit/ credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; Candidates can take a printout for their record.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed, Candidates may register again. Candidates may then revisit Online Application link and fill in their application details again and make payment online.
Selection of candidates will be done through Examinations and Interview.
Exams will be held in 2 phases:
Phase I - Online Test (Objective Type)
Phase II - Written Exam (Descriptive Type)
(I) Online Test (Objective Type):
The Objective Type questions will consist of :-
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
This Paper is for 200 marks with composite time of 130 minutes and will be on 2nd and 3rd August & 09th and 10th August 2015. Candidates securing minimum required marks for each Test, will only be shortlisted for Phase II of the Examination.
IIWritten Exam (Descriptive Type): This Exam will consist of 3 Descriptive Type papers :-
- Paper I – English
- Paper II – Economic and Social Issues
- Paper III – Finance and Management.
Each of these papers is of 3 hours duration carrying 100 marks and will be held in September / October 2015 (tentative).
Interview: Candidates will be short-listed for interview depending on the aggregate marks obtained only in Phase II.
Please Note: Final selection of candidate will depend on the performance in Phase II of the Exam and Interview taken together.
Pay Scale : Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of 21,000/- p.m. and they will also be eligible for Allowance. Currently initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately 51,517/-.
Selected candidates are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
Further detail: https://www.rbi.org.in