Note Making is a skill
Note making is a skill .One has to acquire in course of time. There some techniques and strategies to go about it. Here you will find some help.
- Read the passage carefully. As you read, start marking the important points.
- Note down relevant details.
- Give a suitable Heading based on the central idea of the first paragraph .
- Sub–Heading is essential .Find out associated details or ideas related to main heading.
- Sub–titles–check if there are further details to furnish the notes.
- Indent is very important. Space and Number must be away from the margin.
- Sub–Heading must be written away from margin.
- Use standard abbreviations and short forms in the notes.
- Use abbreviations wherever necessary.
- Close the notes with Abbreviation Keys in a box
- Finally Summarise the paragraph with a Title for 80 words.
List of Abbreviations and Symbols:
1.Capitalized first letter of words: WHO, FCI , NCERT, UNESCO,UK,USA,USSR etc.
2.Common symbols: e.g, -ve, +ve, =, @,? , : , /,etc
3.Common Abbreviations Govt, imp, Dr,Mr, Mrs, Eng,Sc, MSC, MA etc
First and the last letter of a word with dots: Mfg.,Edun.,Poln.,Popn. Etc
4.Arithmetic symbols: €, ¥, Ω ,≥, Π, %,$,+,_,*,<,>,≠,∞,Kg,Mg, etc?
A Sample format for your reference
Abbreviation Keys: For example
|Bks - Books
||Lang - Language
||1st - First
|UNO - United Nations Organisation
||Diff - Different
||Gen - Generation
|2nd - Second
|| % - Percentage
|| +ive - Positive
- Do not abbreviate every word.
- Can make your own abbreviations but restrict to minimum numbers.
- When you make your own abbreviations ,keep main sounds of the word .eg.Prog-Programme
- Do not abbreviate Heading- Title.
- Sub–Headings can be abbreviated.
Go ahead and complete your task.