Eligibility For Reserve Bank Officers Examination
The Eligibility criteria of the candidates who are interested to apply for Reserve Bank Officers examination are explained in this page.
Educational Qualifications for Reserve Bank Officers Examination
A First Class Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade
A Second Class Master's Degree with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade
A Doctorate Degree with 50% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent grade
Chartered/Cost Accountant/Company Secretary (ACS) with a Bachelor's Degree
A Post Graduate Diploma from Management from IIM only.
- SC/ST/PH candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in Bachelor's Degree examination OR having a Post-graduate Degree or equivalent recognized qualification, are eligible to apply.
Age Limit for Reserve Bank Officers Examination
Between 21 and 30 years. For candidates possessing MPhil/PhD qualification, upper age limit will be 31 and 33 years respectively. For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector, upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
Upper Age limit
Upper Age limit is relaxable by:
3 years in the case of OBC candidates.
5 years in the case of:
- SC/ ST candidates
- Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year's service and applying through Employment Exchanges
- Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or/on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment
- Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment
- Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
10 years for PH (Gen.); 13 years for PH (OBC) and 15 years for PH (SC/ST) candidate.
Exam Pattern Of Reserve Bank Officers Examination