The official notification for XAT is pasted below for your benefit.
Online Registration Start Dates : 20th September 2011
Online Registration Start Dates : 30th November 2011
Date of exam: January 8 2012
Examination name: XAT - 2012
Further detail: www.xlri.edu
Eligibility: For Business & Personnel Management:
Candidate who has completed three years of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2011 may also apply
For General Management
Candidate must hold a Bachelor' s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university in India/abroad. He/She should be employed in a full-time job and must have atleast five years of relevant managerial experience as on March 31, 2011 after completion of graduation.
For Fellow Programmes
Candidate should have a Master' s degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university or deemed university in India/ abroad with three years of work experience Or CA/ ICWA/CS with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST candidates) and three years of work experience Or a BE/B.Tech degree or its equivalent with at least 60% ( marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) and four years of work experience.
Application procedure: Procedure for XLRI Registration and obtaining XLRI Prospectus from Axis Bank
A candidate has to first register for XLRI at www.xlri.edu and then only he / she can obtain XLRI Prospectus from select branches of Axis Bank.
1. Register for XAT: Candidate desirous of taking admission to XLRI has to first register for XAT 2012 online. On successful completion of registration for XAT 2012, the candidate will get his XAT ID and password. With this the candidate can register for XLRI by opening the site www.xlri.edu and then clicking on the link "XLRI Registration Page". A page opens up where the candidate is required to furnish his/her XAT ID and password to proceed further.
2. Register for XLRI: If the XAT ID and password furnished are correct, the XLRI Registration page opens up wherein the candidate is required to fill-in the name of the nearest Axis Bank branch from where he/she intends to buy the prospectus, programme(s) he/she is opting and the requisite amount depending on the number of programme(s) opted.
3. Register for XLRI: The cost of the XLRI Prospectus 2012 depends on number of programme(s) applied for. The cost is as follows:
For General candidates
Rs 900/- for one programme or Rs 1500/- for more than one and maximum of three programme.
For SC/ST candidates
Rs 600/- for one programme or Rs 1100/- for more than one and maximum of three programmes. Candidate should take the SC/ST certificate with them to the bank.
4. Download XLRI Pay-in-slip: The candidate has to then download the XLRI Pay-in-slip. The XLRI Pay-in-slip will have the date of registration, XLRI Pay-in-slip No., name of the Axis Bank branch, name of the candidate, number of courses opted and the amount to be paid for the prospectus. The printed pay-in-slip is in three parts. You have to take all these three parts of the pay-in-slip to the Axis bank branch.
5. Go to Axis Bank Branch: The candidate has to take this downloaded XLRI Pay-in-slip to the Axis Bank branch to buy the XLRI Prospectus 2012. On tendering the requisite amount (cost of XLRI Prospectus depending on number of programs opted) along with the pay-in-slips, the bank will issue a XLRI Prospectus 2012 and enter the Prospectus Number, Bank Tran ID and put a bank seal on the pay-in-slips. The bank will retain the Bank’s copy of the pay-in-slip with them and return the rest of the pay-in-slip to the candidate.
6. Fill Detachable Form: The candidate has to fill-up the detachable form given at the end of the prospectus. All entries are to be filled-up correctly and should be same as that filled in the online form.
7. Attach Pay-in-slip: The candidate has to then attach the XLRI’s copy of the pay-in-slip in the space provided on the form. The Candidate’s copy of the pay-in-slip is to be carefully retained by the candidate for future reference, if any.
8. Send Certificate along with Form: The candidate has to then carefully detach the form from the prospectus and send it to XLRI Office, Jamshedpur along with the photo copies of 10th, 12th, graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate (for SC/ST candidates only) through registered post/speed post/courier in the special envelope given inside the prospectus. This form along with pay-in-slip and photo copies of the educational certificates should reach the Admission Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001 within seven days from date of purchase of prospectus.
Procedure for obtaining XLRI Prospectus from the Admissions Office, XLRI Jamshedpur and the XLRI Registration
1. Register for XAT: A candidate interested in XLRI, has to first register for XAT. The XAT ID and password so obtained are required for applying to XLRI.
2. Cost of XLRI Prospectus: The cost of XLRI Prospectus 2012 depends on the number of programme(s) applied for. A candidate intending to apply for one programme or more than one but maximum of three programmes has to make a demand draft (DD) for an amount as given below.
For General candidates A demand draft of Rs 950/- is to be made for one programme or for Rs 1550/- if applying for more than one but maximum of three programmes.
For SC/ST candidates A demand draft of Rs 650/- is to be made for one programme or for Rs 1150/- if applying for more than one but maximum of three programmes.
3. Issue of Demand Draft (DD): The DD has to be drawn in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c Prospectus", payable at Jamshedpur
4. Register for XLRI: The candidate has to then log on to the website www.xlri.edu and open XLRI Registration. Here he/she has to fill in the XLRI form and opt for the programmes(s) he/she intends to apply for. The candidate has to provide the payment particulars of the demand draft number, amount, date and submit the form online. The candidate has to mention their XAT ID and name on the reverse of the draft.
5. Download XLRI PA Form: Once the candidate provides the demand draft details he/she can proceed to take printout of XLRI Payment Advise Form (XLRI PA Form).
6. Send the DD and Form: The candidate has to enclose the demand draft along with the duly completed XLRI PA Form and photo copies of 10th, 12th and graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate (for SC/ST candidates only) through registered post/speed post/courier in the special envelope given inside the prospectus. XLRI PA Form along with DD and photo copies of the educational certificate should reach the Admissions Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001 within seven days from date of purchase of prospectus. Candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the DD and all the forms that they send to XLRI for future reference.
7. Mailing of XLRI Prospectus to candidates: XLRI Prospectus will be sent to the candidates after receiving the request complete in all respects. Candidates are not required to send the detachable form given inside the prospectus.
1. Business Management Programme: Two year full time residential programme
2. Personnel Management and Industrial Relations Programme: Two year full time residential programme
3. General Management Programme: One year full time residential programme for Working Executives
4. Fellow Programme in Management: The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a Doctoral level (Ph.D.) programme
Test Centers Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam .
Important dates XAT 2012: 8th January 2012; Test Timings: 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
Last date for issue of XAT form: 30th November, 2011
Last date for XAT registration: 30th November, 2011